Friday, December 12, 2008

Some and some not...

This is my first blog. First written, first read really. I am not a fan of blogs. In my opinion they tend to be a mass collection of combined ignorance. It's the chance for every Tom, Dick and Harry to tell their story, opinions and thoughts related to a variety of topics ranging from toe fungus to nuclear proliferation and everything in between. So, I thought I would start one. Does that sound like a contradiction of thought? Well, that fits. I think most men are walking contradictions. You'll get that if you keep reading these blogs. But that's up to you. I wouldn't blame you if you stopped. They are a waste of time...

First, some of what this blog is about. It's about men, for men, to men, by a man. Not exclusively, but my target audience is men. Women, feel free to read, post, reply, respond and interact, but it isn't really targeted to you. Sorry. It's for your men. It's meant to educate, encourage and challenge.

Men need encouragement. We live in world that has emasculated men. We tell them to explore their feminine side, be sensitive, bring home the bacon AND fry it in a pan. Then we are surprised when they abandon their post as defenders and protectors in the home and leave children uncared for and alone. Women abandoned. Men need to be lifted up. Lifted to heights that enable them to see what GOD has desgned them for. I hope I can do that.

Men need challenge. We HAVE become comfortable. Aren't we supposed to be the warriors? Leaders? The tough ones? But challenge needs to come from one of our own. A man. I hope to be that man for some of you men.

This blog is also about my life. I love men. Not in a proposition 8, Castro district, civil union kind of way. But in a ultimate fighting, huddle up, knuckle knocking, meat eating, home building kind of way. As a pastor to men, I love seeing them embrace who they are in Christ. I love being a part of the revolution of the heart that changes the world's men into God's men. I love it when they learn to hug their daughters, die for their wives, battle their culture, support their churches, stand arm to arm with other men and serve their Jesus. It is my life's heartbeat, my greatest desire, the thing God has made me for.

Some of what this blog is not.

It's not the answer for every problem. It's not authoritative, not completely at least. When God's Word appears, and it will alot, THAT is authoritative. You may be able to argue with me, but don't try to argue with God. He is one "guy" who won't be argued with (Job 38:1-3).

This blog is not politically correct. I am calling men to be different than the society around us calls us to be. You will not hear me tell you to explore your feminine side. I don't have one, neither do you. I will not tell you that women are better communicators. They aren't. Maybe with words, definitely with words. But men communicate on a much more primal level...more on that later.

This blog is not all I have to say. You will see a snapshot of my thoughts on a topic or subject. If something I say doesn't sound right, ask me about it. Never assume you got me figured out. Men aren't that simple. Against conventional wisdom, men are not simpletons enamored only with the thoughts of food, sex, work and sports. We are deep wells that have much to say about everything. If you want me to clarify, ask. I'll be glad to when I can. Or maybe I won't...it is MY blog.

Hope you enjoy my musings on various topics. I look forward to interacting with some of you soon...man to man.

Scott

PS - Don't know how often I will write. I do have a life filled with work, 3 beautiful women and growing myself to be more like Jesus. Write when I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment