Thursday, January 22, 2009

Patience takes too long

I've been thinking alot about patience lately and how little of it I have. Not the kind that allows you to wait in line, or get called for your food, or receive a book in the mail. I got that. It's easy. I mean real patience. The kind that allows you to wait until the fruit of salvation is seen in a new believer's life. The kind that inspires hope in me that someone will change when they are presented with the Truth. The kind that gives me faith that things will not always be the same with my kids and their sickness.

I am reading this book called "Love as a Way of Life" by Gary Chapman. Great book, but really raises the bar on what it means to love. This week, patient love. The kind that waits until it hurts. Just when I get impatient with people not moving forward in their spiritual journey, I remember how patient God was with me. It took me 18 years to come around. 18 years of waiting and dragging my feet, sinning and spitting in God's face. But He was soooo patient. Patient with the whole world. Patient to wait until the fullness of time to send Jesus, and now patiently waiting to send Him again.

I guess I can be patient too. Patient to wait until God bears fruit in a person's life. Patient to see better days with family health. Patient to see more of the image of Christ in me. How's you're patience? In the BIG things that really matter for eternity?

No comments:

Post a Comment